Nothing about buying a home is typically simple. It’s the biggest investment (aside from a business) that you’ll make in your lifetime, and every step of the process should be taken with great care. The same is true for protecting your investment after it’s officially yours. With the right insurance policy, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing your home is protected. With the help of the homeowner’s insurance experts at the Jeff Van Matre Agency, you can better ensure that that protection is the most comprehensive and beneficial coverage you need.
Home Insurance Questions for the Experts
What’s covered in my homeowner’s insurance policy?
Like all insurance plans, your homeowner’s insurance policy will depend on your home and specific needs. What all home insurance policies should provide coverage for, however, include;
- The brick-and-mortar structure of your home
- The personal belongings inside of your home
- Liability insurance, in case someone is injured in your home
- Restoration and/or rebuilding costs in cases of severe damage
- Alternative living expenses if you have to leave your home (such as for a natural disaster)
What could affect my home insurance premium?
Your insurance premium is the amount you pay on a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis, and is determined by a wide variety of factors, including your deductible. In many cases, your premium can be affected by home safety devices such as burglar alarms and fire detectors, as well as the home’s location, the quality of its infrastructure, and the home’s features, like;
- Home safety devices (burglar alarms, fire detectors, etc.)
- The home’s location
- The quality of its infrastructure
- The home’s features, such as a garage, storm shelter, and attic
- The home’s state of repair
Is insurance a requirement for buying a house?
If you buy your house or home outright, then whether or not you purchase insurance is entirely up to you. However, if you pay a mortgage, then the bank or financier may demand that you acquire a proper home insurance policy.
ABOUT YOUR CARROLLTON INSURANCE COMPANY:
With over 20 years of experience in the insurance industry, the Jeff Van Matre Insurance Agency can help you choose the right coverage plan to protect your personal and business assets and put your mind at ease. To learn more, visit us online, or call our Carrollton office today at 972-492-8500.