A family operated ranch or farm is a huge asset both financially and emotionally. You and your family have invested years of blood, sweat, and tears. You have also accumulated buildings, equipments, and livestock. There is a variety of real and personal property that is instrumental to your business and life. Do you have proper coverage? There is nothing worse than finding out that you don’t when disaster strikes. Protect yourself against losses from fires, windstorms, or unique risks like the loss of your crops or livestock with the property coverage that farmers and ranchers need.
Typical policies for farmers and ranchers will cover such dwellings and equipment on the property as:
- Mobile homes
- Personal household property
- Personal farm property
- Barns, sheds, and other farm structures
- Mobile agricultural machinery and equipment
Loss of use of any of this equipment or property is also covered as long as the cause is listed under the policy.
Other types of property insurance coverage appropriate for some farming or ranching operations might include:
- Crop Insurance: Both the federal government and private insurance companies provide various options for crop coverage. Crop coverage includes damage by insect infestation, wildlife, hail, windstorms, and other adverse weather conditions.
- Livestock Coverage: Protection generally includes necessary destruction or death of cattle, horses, donkeys, mules, sheep, swine, and goats due to basic causes listed under the policy.
- Transportation Floater: This covers any of your property during transit to you or a customer.
To learn more about insurance options for farmers and ranchers, talk to Jeff at the Jeff Van Matre Insurance Agency. Also, stay tuned for more installments on the appropriate types of insurance coverage for farmers and ranchers.
ABOUT YOUR DALLAS INSURANCE COMPANY:
With over 20 years of experience in the insurance industry, the Jeff Van Matre Insurance Agency can help you choose the right coverage plan to protect your personal and business assets. To learn more, or to get a free quote, call our Carrollton office today at 972-492-8500.