Did you know that a new home-based business is started every 12 seconds in the U.S.? According to statistics home-based (HB) businesses tend to be more successful than regular businesses, with 70 percent of HB businesses succeeding within 3 years compared with only 30 percent of regular businesses. However, one mistake people make is assuming that their homeowner’s insurance covers all of their business needs. Don’t make that same mistake. Learn more about why you may need home-based insurance.
Why You Should be Covered
Are you a graphic artist who works from home? Maybe you are a music producer with expensive state-of-the-art equipment? There are an eclectic variety of HB businesses and therefore just as many scenarios for why you need to protect yours. What if someone broke in and stole all your music equipment? What if a client tripped over a cord and broke their wrist? What if a competitor claimed you stole their idea and decided to sue? Is your business covered?
Types of HB Insurance Coverage
There are three types of insurance coverage available for home-based businesses:
- The homeowner’s insurance rider
- The home office policy
- The business owner’s policy
How to Determine What You Need
It can be difficult to determine what type of insurance you need but that is what we are here for at the Jeff Van Matre Insurance Agency. We will help you answer the following questions to decide which home-based insurance is best for you:
- In what part of your home do you operate your business?
- Do you have employees?
- Does your HB business require the use of vehicles?
- What is the risk that someone might make a claim against you for breach of contract, a costly mistake, etc.?
- Would a fire close down your business operations?
- Do you manufacture products from your HB business?
- Do you receive clients in your home?
- How much do you have invested in equipment?
ABOUT YOUR DALLAS INSURANCE COMPANY:
With over 20 years of experience in the insurance industry, the Jeff Van Matre Insurance Agency can help you choose the right coverage plan to protect your personal and business assets. To learn more, or to get a free quote, call our Carrollton office today at 972-492-8500.