In today’s business climate, most business owners look for ways to cut costs. The decisions of where to cut costs can be very difficult. But, underestimating your insurance needs is not a smart business decision. In fact, it could end your business just as the economy seems to be gaining steam. Having the right amount of general liability insurance if you are a plumbing contractor is a smart decision. Jeff Van Matre has over twenty years of experience helping business owners make these decisions.
What is general liability insurance?
General liability insurance, also known as commercial general liability insurance, protects the assets of a plumbing company and pays for many costs that arise from litigation. Typically, it will cover:
- All assets of the company’s operations. Trucks and autos are usually covered in a separate policy or with an addendum to the general liability policy.
- Costs associated with a lawsuit that may be filed against your company. Costs such as a defense attorney, any possible settlement, or court award are typically covered up to the amount of the policy coverage.
- Your responsibility as a tenant in any space you occupy if it is damaged by you or one of your employees.
- Any injury to a customer that may occur on your job site.
- Protection against any damage or replacement cost caused by a faulty part that your company installed.
- Most false advertising claims.
How Jeff Van Matre can help you:
An experienced insurance agent, like Jeff Van Matre, can assist you in determining the right amount of coverage you need.
In deciding the amount of coverage, there are two areas that need to be evaluated:
- The actual type of plumbing work that your company does.
- The perceived risk associated with your business.
About Jeff Van Matre Insurance Agency:
If you want to make sure you have the right General liability coverage as a plumbing contractor, call The Jeff Van Matre Insurance Agency at 972-492-8500, which offers customized insurance policies that feature a variety of coverage options. Contact us todayto discuss a policy or receive a quote. Located in Carrollton TX, we proudly serve individuals and businesses in Carrollton, Lewisville, Dallas, Irving, Plano, and surrounding communities.