People sometimes wonder, “Do I need personal insurance?” After all, if you’ve never been in a car accident or had a disaster hit your home, you may think you don’t need coverage. However, we always urge people to carry personal insurance policies. After all, insurance is something you don’t need until you do, as they say. Forgoing a policy can lead to financial disaster should you become involved in a car accident or become the victim of theft.
Try Our Personal Insurance Quiz
- True or False: Comprehensive auto insurance can provide multiple types of coverage.
- True or False: Home insurance protects your home in the event of a fire or natural disaster.
- True or False: Even if you have home coverage you may need a flood policy.
- True or False: If you rent you should consider renters insurance.
- True. Instead of just the state-mandated liability coverage, you can also receive medical, collision, and comprehensive, as well as reimbursement for rental and towing costs. To decide which types of coverage you will need, our agents will discuss your options and find a policy that fits your needs and your budget.
- True. You can obtain a policy that protects not only the physical structure, but the belongings within. Some policies can also include protection should you need to replace or repair the home, or reimbursement for the costs of relocating while your home is repaired or rebuilt.
- True. Home insurance does not cover flood damage. Even if you don’t live in an area prone to flooding, you may consider obtaining a policy in case of an expected flood or damage from excessive rains, backed up sewer lines, or melting snow.
- True. What if a fire breaks out of your home is robbed? Without rental insurance you’re faced with the costs of replacing your belongings yourself. As a result, we always urge people living in rental house or apartments to consider renter’s insurance.