There are many wonderful activities available to celebrate July 4th in Dallas. If you want enjoyment for the whole family and plenty of fireworks, there are five Dallas area events you should consider. Jeff Van Matre of the Jeff Van Matre Insurance Agency of Dallas, Texas reminds you that fireworks should be enjoyed at public events and not during fire season in a backyard setting, which could endanger your home.
Fireworks can be very dangerous if not enjoyed in a controlled setting. In 2012, the Consumer Product Safety Commission estimated that 8,700 people were injured from fireworks. Besides injury, millions of dollars of property damage occurred. The safest place to enjoy fireworks is in a community setting. Fortunately, Dallas has many to choose from.
July 4th Events in Dallas:
- Star Spangled Spectacular at Meyerson Symphony Center is a classic sing along with an indoor fireworks display. Imagine fireworks, air conditioning, and singing all in one place. Tickets range from $16 to $ 38 dollars. You can call (214) 670-3600 for more information or to purchase tickets.
- Lone Stars & Stripes Celebration at Lone Star Park is a two day event with thoroughbred horse racing, kids’ activities, and a fireworks display on both July 3rd and July 4th. Tickets range from $8 to $30 dollars and you can obtain more information or tickets by calling (972) 263-PONY.
- Red, White, and Boom is a free all day celebration in downtown McKinney. Festivities start at 10 AM and continue until the fireworks display at Craig Ranch which begins at 9:45 PM. Visit mckinneytexas.org for more information.
- Fair Park Fourth at Fair Park has one of the largest fireworks displays in North Texas. You can ride pedal boats, enjoy a water show, hear musical performances, and see a huge free fireworks show. Check out more information at fairpark.org.
- Addison’s Kaboom Town will be held at Circle Park. Musical acts, air shows, and a thirty minute fireworks show highlight the fun. Better yet, it is free and Kaboom Town! opens at 5 PM and lasts until midnight.
About Jeff Van Matre Insurance Agency:
To learn more about enjoying family-friendly events throughout the community, call the Jeff Van Matre Insurance Agency at 972-492-8500, which offers customized insurance policies that feature a variety of coverage options. Contact us today to discuss a policy or receive a quote. Located in Carrollton TX, we proudly serve individuals and businesses in Carrollton, Lewisville, Dallas, Irving, Plano, and surrounding communities.