When Hurricane Sandy hit the east coast last year, people were shocked at the scale and extent of the resulting floods. A storm of such magnitude was unprecedented, and as a result, many people who lost their homes did not have flood insurance. To protect your house and valuables, you should consider flood insurance even if you live in an area that doesn’t typically experience flooding. In today’s blog, your Carrollton TX insurance agency uses a fun quiz to explain the importance of flood coverage.
Flood Insurance Quiz
1. True or False: If you don’t live near a large body of water, you don’t need flood insurance.
2. True or False: Many homeowner policies don’t cover flood damage.
3. True or False: There are two types of flood insurance.
1. False. Many people assume that not living in close proximity to water means they don’t need flood insurance. The fact is, a variety of factors can lead to expensive water damage, including backed-up sewer lines, rain, and even melting snow.
2. True. Even a minor flood often leads to serious damage to your house and its foundation. Unfortunately, many people don’t realize until it is too late that their homeowners policy doesn’t cover flood damage. To find out more about your coverage, contact your Carrollton TX insurance agency today.
3. True. High-risk flood insurance is available for people in areas prone to flooding. In some cases, you may qualify for flood coverage through the National Flood Insurance Program. Low risk policies cover homes in areas less likely to experience flooding.
Get a Quote from Your Carrollton TX Insurance Agency
If you would like more information on flood insurance, then talk to your Carrollton TX insurance agency. The Jeff Van Matre Insurance Agency offers customized insurance policies that feature a variety of coverage options ranging from liability car insurance to homeowner’s insurance policies. Visit us online or call 972-492-8500 today discuss a policy or receive a quote. Located in Carrollton TX, we proudly serve individuals and businesses in Carrollton, Lewisville, Dallas, Irving, Plano, and surrounding communities.