How much do you know about your homeowners’ insurance policy? Does it cover flood, falling objects, lightening, or mud slides? Does it cover emotional distress, surgery, or ambulance costs? Does it offer personal injury protection? Will it cover the following scenario: You accidently hit a stranger in the head with a golf ball while on the golf course and he sues you, are you covered? Do you even know? Take our homeowners’ quiz part 2 to find out what you don’t know about your insurance coverage.
True or False?
- True or False: Mud slides are covered in a typical homeowners’ policy.
- True or False: In a typical homeowners’ insurance policy Medical Payments coverage covers all or part of the cost for emotional distress.
- True or False: A typical homeowners’ insurance policy includes Personal injury protection (PIP).
- True or False: If a deer were to enter your house through an open door and destroy your furniture a full open peril policy would cover the damages.
- False: Mud slides are not covered in your typical homeowner’s policy, and many insurance companies in certain areas do not offer coverage for mud slides because they are too costly and the risk is too high. If you are going to need mud slide insurance, do your homework before purchasing a policy.
- False: Emotional distress is not included in the Medical Payments coverage of a typical homeowners’ insurance policy.
- False: Personal injury protection is not covered by homeowners’ insurance. Homeowners’ insurance policies are designed to cover your home, its contents, and accidents that happen to visitors while in your home. A typical policy includes: Dwelling, Other Structures, Personal Property, Loss of Use, Liability, and medical payments to others.
- True: A full open peril policy provides coverage for your personal property under any circumstance, unless it is specifically excluded from the policy.
ABOUT YOUR DALLAS INSURANCE COMPANY:
With over 20 years of experience in the insurance industry, the Jeff Van Matre Insurance Agency can help you choose the right coverage plan to protect your personal and business assets. To learn more, or to get a free quote, call our Carrollton office today at 972-492-8500.